How You Will Benefit
- Gain a broader understanding of how all agile techniques fit together and how agile development works in practice
- Easily adapt an agile strategy to reflect the situation of your team
- Develop a solid foundation from which to scale agile – including large and geographically distributed teams
- Take the PMI DASSM exam within 30-days of completing this course at no extra charge. (After 30 days, the cost to write the DASSM exam is $150 USD (paid to PMI).
Through the exploration of group exercises and facilitated discussion, participants completing this workshop will learn how to:
- Accelerate your ability to lead high-profile initiatives that are critical to enterprise success.
- Take a deep dive into the Disciplined Agile tool kit to develop a comprehensive understanding of the hundreds of practices and strategies it contains and the trade-offs of applying them.
- Apply the Disciplined Agile tool kit in hands-on exercises to guide your team in choosing and evolving your best way of working (WoW) in real-life situations.
- Use the tool kit to solve complex challenges commonly encountered in development and operational teams, the value stream, and at the enterprise level.
- Learn how to design and implement metrics that measure your improvements in areas where your teams are struggling.
- Understand how to nurture emotional intelligence and feel confident empowering others on your team(s).
- Learn how to lead your teams in any situation to improve value delivery for your customers.
- Apply the Disciplined Agile tool kit to guide your team in choosing and evolving the best way of working (WoW) in the situation you face.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is for practitioners who understand the fundamentals of agile, have practical experience applying them and would like to earn their DASSM (Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master) certification. These practitioners should have two years of experience working with agile teams in a leadership role, such as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, Architecture Owner.
- Please note, this is not a foundations course in Disciplined Agile.
- You are required to have at least two years of experience leading agile teams to be eligible to earn the DASSM certification from PMI.
- Prior to taking the course, read the first section of Choose Your WoW! which is available to PMI members as a free download from the PMI web site.
- Previous participation in Agile Project Management Hands On or a similar course.