How You Will Benefit
- Schedule shared resources so that delays in one project do not cause a domino effect on the others
- Increase personal capacity for managing multiple projects — by reducing the overhead required in managing each one
- Apply specific techniques that will help increase corporate capacity for projects
- Identify key resources and avoid turning them into a bottleneck, while actually increasing their capacity
- Communicate with confidence the approach necessary to move forward and apply the methodologies learned
- Handle problems that often interfere with our ability to manage multiple projects
- Articulate the changes which must take place in order to achieve these results within an actual project environment
- Gain hands on practice adjusting to a new project management methodology suited to managing multiple projects.
- Manage the increased workload of additional projects more effectively by using the learned tools and techniques
- Recognize the methods and benefits of using a shared resource pool.
- Participants learn new techniques for dealing with multiple projects and gain the confidence to apply them on the job.
- Increased capacity for managing multiple projects — by reducing the overhead required to manage each independently
Who Should Attend
Project Managers, Resource Managers, Project schedulers or anyone involved in decisions to implement an ’enterprise project management (EPM)’ software tool.
This is not a fundamentals course. Prior to taking this course, participants should have
- Hands-on project management experience
- Completed Project Management Essentials: Part 1 (or its equivalent)
- Some exposure/use of project management software such as Microsoft Project (an asset but not required)