How You Will Benefit
- Use proven tools and techniques to manage project contracting and procurement
- Plan and control procurement management scope of work
- Effectively select procurement personnel for your project
- Use the procurement management terminology consistent with the PMI PMBOK® Guide
- Anticipate the impact of procurement management on other aspects of project management
- Make a plan for enhanced procurement management efforts for your project(s)
- Gain valuable insight into the essential role of the procurement manager on a project team
- Bring added value to your team, and your organization, with key knowledge and skills in procurement management
- Improve project efficiency and reduce project risk by understanding and applying the contract and procurement procedures appropriate for a given situation.
- Obtain reference files containing course specific tools and templates and general project management materials that can be customized for your own projects
Who Should Attend
This course is for project managers and team members who want to improve their procurement management skills and increase their understanding of roles and responsibilities of procurement on a project. It is also useful to purchasing professionals who want to make a transition into a project environment. Although generic in nature, this course will attract participants mostly from the Engineering and Construction industry.
An understanding of project management fundamentals is required prior to attending. We recommend the 3-day Project Management Essentials: Part 1 – The Fundamentals, or an equivalent, prior to taking this course.