- Corporate Learning
- The Hub
- Upcoming Events
- Free Resources
- About CMC
- Why Choose CMC
- Our Team
- AMA Global Network
- CMC Awards
- Our Facilitators
- Privacy Statement
- Room Rental Information
- National Locations
- Our Accessibility (AODA) Customer Service Policy
- In the News
- Training Options
- Quebec Training Act
- Canada Job Grant
- Contest Winners
- Corporate Citizenship
Our Training Method and Philosophies Training Method
Based on adult learning principles, Canadian Management Centre's training method uses proven, highly interactive participatory sessions and practical techniques that create discernable behavioural change that can be applied immediately in the workplace.
We have always been firm believers in an interactive and engaging instructing style appropriate for adult learning. From theory, to strategy, to proven practical tools, Canadian Management Centre delivers readily applicable ideas and solutions to prepare participants for real-world situations.
We provide a thought provoking learning environment, a variety of learning tools are utilized in seminar delivery. We believe that adult learners will commit to learning when the objectives are realistic and relevant. From management theory to implementation strategy, Canadian Management Centre delivers proven practical tools and readily applicable ideas and solutions to prepare participants for real-world situations.
Adult learners bring a wide range of previous experiences, knowledge, self-direction, interests, and competencies to a learning environment. Canadian Management Centre is committed to designing, developing, and delivering highly interactive programs that respect the needs and principles of adult learners.
In order to accommodate the needs of our learners and facilitate an effective transfer of learning our instructional design methodology follows these principles:
- Appeal to Learning Styles — adults learn in different ways and at different rates; we use a variety of instructional methods to stimulate our learners and to accommodate their individual learning styles.
- Integrate Experience — adults learn by building on their experiences; our Faculty are adept at incorporating examples and information so that learners will have a relevant frame of reference.
- Provide Feedback — adults appreciate constructive feedback; our programs offer opportunities for learners to demonstrate their learning and for our Faculty to deliver structured and actionable feedback to each participant.
- Adults Learn By Doing — we incorporate a high level of interactivity during delivery ensuring that no more than 30% of time is focused on theory, with the other 70% devoted to learner activities.
" I liked being able to apply the knowledge gained to real examples during the course. "
" I enjoyed the instructor, who was very knowledgeable and realistic. "
" Simply put – Excellent "
ISC – Information Services Corporation
" We were able to work on projects we are currently working on back at the office. This made the training more relevant. "
" The seminar was very interactive - lots of hands on training. "
" The course was very informative and easy to understand. "
" Extremely valuable, the seminar exceeded my expectations. "
" The course gave me a good general understanding of financial reports and annual reporting. "
" Basics were covered in a number of categories. I learned things that would have taken me years to discover or realize on the job. "