- Corporate Learning
- The Hub
- Upcoming Events
- Free Resources
- About CMC
- Why Choose CMC
- Our Team
- AMA Global Network
- CMC Awards
- Our Facilitators
- Privacy Statement
- Room Rental Information
- National Locations
- Our Accessible Customer Service Policy (AODA)
- In the News
- Training Options
- Quebec Training Act
- Canada Job Grant
- Contest Winners
- Corporate Citizenship
Our Training Method and Philosophies Training Method
Based on adult learning principles, Canadian Management Centre's training method uses proven, highly interactive participatory sessions and practical techniques that create discernable behavioural change that can be applied immediately in the workplace.
We have always been firm believers in an interactive and engaging instructing style appropriate for adult learning. From theory, to strategy, to proven practical tools, Canadian Management Centre delivers readily applicable ideas and solutions to prepare participants for real-world situations.
We provide a thought provoking learning environment, a variety of learning tools are utilized in seminar delivery. We believe that adult learners will commit to learning when the objectives are realistic and relevant. From management theory to implementation strategy, Canadian Management Centre delivers proven practical tools and readily applicable ideas and solutions to prepare participants for real-world situations.
Adult learners bring a wide range of previous experiences, knowledge, self-direction, interests, and competencies to a learning environment. Canadian Management Centre is committed to designing, developing, and delivering highly interactive programs that respect the needs and principles of adult learners.
In order to accommodate the needs of our learners and facilitate an effective transfer of learning our instructional design methodology follows these principles:
- Appeal to Learning Styles — adults learn in different ways and at different rates; we use a variety of instructional methods to stimulate our learners and to accommodate their individual learning styles.
- Integrate Experience — adults learn by building on their experiences; our Faculty are adept at incorporating examples and information so that learners will have a relevant frame of reference.
- Provide Feedback — adults appreciate constructive feedback; our programs offer opportunities for learners to demonstrate their learning and for our Faculty to deliver structured and actionable feedback to each participant.
- Adults Learn By Doing — we incorporate a high level of interactivity during delivery ensuring that no more than 30% of time is focused on theory, with the other 70% devoted to learner activities.
" What a rewarding learning opportunity. This course gave me what I needed to bring success to my organization & my career. "
Sherritt International Corporation (recently promoted from GM Operations, Cuba)
Director of Interactive Solutions
St. Joseph Communications
" Jim was a great facilitator and kept the energy level high. The course was fast-moving and applicable. "
" Thank you John for sharing your knowledge, experiences and allowing us to share ours. Invaluable experience! "
Canada Post Corporation
" This course worked well for me as a new buyer. "
" We were able to work on projects we are currently working on back at the office. This made the training more relevant. "
" Leader was very excellent in delivering her material. I was able to learn different techniques to use when dealing with my customers and co-workers. "
" Excellent program, would consider my direct reports for this program. "
Volvo Trucks Canada Inc.
" I enjoyed the instructor, who was very knowledgeable and realistic. "