Course Finder

 
View all courses
 

 

Our Expertise - Free for Download

  • Understanding Human Capital
    Today Dr. Jac Fitz-enz sits down with Canadian Management Centre's Bill Johnston to discuss the return on investment organizations receive through their investment in human capital management. Learn what one of HR Worlds Top 5 HR ... Read More »
     
  • Well-Trained People Are Priceless
    A well-trained employee is the ultimate competitive advantage. That's because employees are the real creators of value. They solve the big and little problems that get in the way of earnings growth every day. Training your people ... Read More »
     
  • Training on Trial
    We hear the word talent tossed about quite a bit these days. We know there is, and will continue to be, a shortage of it. We also know that finding and engaging the right talent will be the key to surviving in the service-driven new economy... Read More »
     

 

Our Training Method and Philosophies Training Method

Based on adult learning principles, Canadian Management Centre's training method uses proven, highly interactive participatory sessions and practical techniques that create discernable behavioural change that can be applied immediately in the workplace.

We have always been firm believers in an interactive and engaging instructing style appropriate for adult learning. From theory, to strategy, to proven practical tools, Canadian Management Centre delivers readily applicable ideas and solutions to prepare participants for real-world situations.

We provide a thought provoking learning environment, a variety of learning tools are utilized in seminar delivery. We believe that adult learners will commit to learning when the objectives are realistic and relevant. From management theory to implementation strategy, Canadian Management Centre delivers proven practical tools and readily applicable ideas and solutions to prepare participants for real-world situations.

Adult learners bring a wide range of previous experiences, knowledge, self-direction, interests, and competencies to a learning environment. Canadian Management Centre is committed to designing, developing, and delivering highly interactive programs that respect the needs and principles of adult learners.

In order to accommodate the needs of our learners and facilitate an effective transfer of learning our instructional design methodology follows these principles:


  • Appeal to Learning Styles — adults learn in different ways and at different rates; we use a variety of instructional methods to stimulate our learners and to accommodate their individual learning styles.
  • Integrate Experience — adults learn by building on their experiences; our Faculty are adept at incorporating examples and information so that learners will have a relevant frame of reference.
  • Provide Feedback — adults appreciate constructive feedback; our programs offer opportunities for learners to demonstrate their learning and for our Faculty to deliver structured and actionable feedback to each participant.
  • Adults Learn By Doing — we incorporate a high level of interactivity during delivery ensuring that no more than 30% of time is focused on theory, with the other 70% devoted to learner activities.

Theory:

  • Lecturettes
  • Printed Materials
  • Reading Assignments
  • Videos

Application:

  • Group Exercises
  • Group Discussion
  • Case Studies
  • Self-Assessments
  • Role Plays
  • Brainstorming (Mind Maps)
  • Personal Reflection
  • Goal and Objective Setting

 

CALL US NOW AT
416 . 847 . 6064

Or reach one of our Corporate
Learning Solutions TEAM MEMBERS

E-MAIL US »

Virtual Learning

Read about this new option to
complement your curriculum



  • "  The instructor has a breadth of global, real world experience.  "

  • "  The exercises were terrific. I am going to see if our teams are forming, storming, norming or performing. I am also going to look at the DiSC exercise we did to see if there are things I can do to perform more effectively with others.  "

  • "  I learned how to better apply my leadership skills and to improve my managerial skills  "

  • "  I enjoyed the interaction. It was a very good opportunity to exchange on the different subject that we touched.  "

  • "  Networking with other financial professionals provided valuable information and insight into specific issues and suggested resolutions. In addition, information on web sites and other information resources was helpful.  "

  • "  Extremely valuable, the seminar exceeded my expectations.  "

  • "  I felt confident before the course and now I feel even much better while knowing the recipe and the rationale of the win-win negotiation parties.  "

  • "  I enjoyed all aspects of the course, I found it very informative and practical.  "

  • "  The course offered very useful knowledge that I can apply to my company right away.  "

  • "  Lots of practical examples - knowledgable resource  "