In this RealityChek® Conversation, Tania speaks with mental health professional and thought leader Donna Marshall, M.A., Counselling Psychology, Co-founder of Workright Inc about how leaders can support employees with mental health and well-being. Donna provides the following advice to leaders:
In supporting employee mental health and well-being, it’s important to remember that, as a leader...
- You don’t have to be a counselor
- You should avoid asking questions around mental health directly
- You can’t diagnose. But, you can and should make observations about the behaviours you’re noticing
To better support your employees...
- Be sure to let people know about the resources available to them
- Give access to white papers and online courses by trusted providers
- Be in touch to check in