A Job Description is a document which outlines a particular role and set of responsibilities on a project. The purpose of a job description is to clarify the scope of work that a particular role is responsible for undertaking and the skills, experience and qualifications necessary to ensure that the role is undertaken effectively. It includes:
- An overview of the respective role
- A list of the specific responsibilities associated with the role
- Clarification of where the role fits within the project organization structure
- A list of the skills, experience and qualifications required
- Measurable performance criteria
- A statement describing the work environment
- The salary package on offer.
Use this template as a guideline to create your own Project Manager job descriptions.