Canadian Management Centre, as part of AMA Global, is launching AMA's Certified Professional in ManagementTM in Canada.
Canadian Managers, or prospective managers can now qualify to earn an unprecedented certification, AMA's CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN MANAGEMENT™ (AMA CPM™). Our global affiliate, American Management Association (AMA) has undertaken a thorough and collaborative process to develop this ground-breaking program in response to the growing management demands of today’s business world. Canadian organizations can now leverage the certification as part of their recruitment process to hire the most qualified managers and give individuals a set of recognized criteria to validate their qualifications and advance their careers.
Are you ready to become a Certified Professional in Management? Apply Now.
Why an AMA Management Certification?
- The new management standard includes competencies in professional effectiveness, relationship management, business acumen, and analytical intelligence
- Established in 1923, AMA is a globally recognized authority in management with nearly 100 years of best practices and professional development expertise
- Framework of the program is the set of competencies outlined in The Management Body of Knowledge, developed by AMA
- Program oversight is conducted by an objective advisory board of recognized management experts
- Certification is based on extensive AMA management research and analysis
Certification Program Mission and Vision
- Our mission is to create a standard of excellence in management.
- Our vision is to improve society by helping individuals and organizations achieve performance excellence through management certification.
How Certification Benefits Managers
- Fosters greater career success by motivating managers to be more well-rounded and develop knowledge in multiple areas
- Increases a manager's worth and value to an organization
- Enhances success and distinguishes managers (both internally and externally) from others who are not certified
- Helps inspire team members to support management and further develop themselves
- Promotes a positive impact on the organization's bottom line
- Increases management knowledge beyond job experience
How Certification Benefits Organizations
- Provides a method for recognizing managerial competence
- Offers a reliable indicator of future leadership potential
- Decreases the risk of making bad hiring or promotion decisions
- Reduces the likelihood that team members may leave due to skill gaps and behavioral deficiencies in their managers
- Helps organizations improve their talent acquisition and promotion ROI
- Improves the organization’s bottom line through more successful managers
Areas of Knowledge Included in Certification
Based on extensive AMA management research and analysis, this new credential certifies that managers have the knowledge and skills across competencies of professional effectiveness, relationship management, business acumen and analytical intelligence that directly impact the organization's bottom line.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Presentation Skills
- Conflict Management
- Coaching for Performance
- Managing Change
- Managing Projects
- Financial Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Talent Management
- Critical Thinking
- Managing and Mastering Data
How to Get Certified
Step 1: Apply for Certification
Make sure eligibility requirements are met, and apply to take the exam. Apply Now.
Step 2: Prepare for the Exam
Become familiar with The Management Body of Knowledge, use practice exams, or take a course to prepare for certification.
Step 3: Get Certified
Schedule your exam date and location, pass the exam and become CPM certified!
Directory of AMA-CPMTM Credential Holders
To search for AMA-CPM credential holders for verification, please use this directory. Recognized by the credentialengine.org.
The Advisory Board
The Advisory Board oversees the CPM program’s integrity, value and reliability. Board members were selected for their demonstrated business expertise and ability to determine managerial competence and behavioral skills crucial to a manager’s success.
Approved Education Providers
For complete details and application to become an Approved Education Provider (AEP) for the AMA Certified Professional in Management™ (AMA-CPM™) recertification, download the Certified Professional in Management™Approved Education Provider Handbook.
Benefits of Becoming an AEP
- Increase your reach to learners
- Be listed as an approved education provider
- Use the AMA-CPM Certified Professional in Management AEP logo
- Receive updates to the AMA-CPM program in a timely manner