How to Make Better Decisions in 5 Steps
By Canadian Management Centre
Follow these 5 steps to make better decisions at work
- Ensure a Quality Process Focus on the vision of what you’re trying to achieve to arrive at a good ‘quality’ decision rather than being distracted by making the ‘right’ one.
- Frame Your Decision Ask questions to generate positive choices and possibilities.Explore different options to make a more sound decision.
- Involve the Right People Involve others to generate multiple options, consider various perspectives and evaluate the benefits and risks of each choice.
- Articulate Uncertainty Explore what you don’t know. Outline risks and recognize assumptions you may have. Evaluate the impact of your decision and possible consequences.
- Envision the Future Reflect on what the future will look like if you make this decision. Consider the short and long-term impact of your decision.