How You Will Benefit
You will learn how to overcome writer’s block, procrastination and writer’s anxiety, and develop a better appreciation of readers’ needs and expectations. You will also discover principles and approaches that cover a broad range of industries and topics and get hands-on experience improving your technical writing ESP—efficiency, sufficiency and proficiency.
- Create a full range of technical documents with effective structures
- Identify and employ the standards of technical writing
- Apply the technical writing process: getting started efficiently
- Evaluate technical data based on the writer’s purpose and the readers’ needs
- Learn techniques to strategically organize ideas and messages
- Structure the format to enhance presentation and display visual information
- Achieve precision, clarity and conciseness in communications
- Summarize complex issues with authority and clarity
- Use templates to quickly start the writing process
- Apply techniques to overcome writer’s block
- Develop communications for both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Use visuals to communicate information more effectively
- Edit language for precision, clarity and conciseness
- Summarize complex information for any audience to understand
- Hands-on activities to give you the opportunity to try new skills in a safe environment and transfer your learning back in your work environment.
- Templates and tools to help you apply key learning back in your workplace
- Personal feedback and guidance from and experienced writing facilitator
Who Should Attend
Engineers, scientists, IT/technical professionals, those in R&D, policy development and other complex, specialized areas who need to communicate complex information in more simple language to meet the needs of their audience.